Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Maybe, Baby (New Year's Day)

This is my favourite song on the album. It's an amazing piece about love and second chances, with the most beautifully sketched climax I've ever heard (or seen for that matter.)

-Maybe, Baby (New Year's Day)-
One long step, two long step.
Breathe cold air, holds me back.
Wind whips hard, shivers my spine.
Hot smoke tang, fireworks early.

One step two step, one step two step.
Your eyes dropped down, my eyes squeezed shut.
Tears seared pale skin. Cold left, pain came.
Anger then, fear now. Fear fuels fast forward.

Step step, step step, step step.
Moon up, guard down, chill fills.
Turn round, face home, go back?
Wind blows, whistles 'No,' course set.

Run run run run run run run run.
Pain will not ease past will not leave.
Countdown starts now 10 9 8 7.
Door snips hand grips 3 2 1 lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment